Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Pandemic Readiness Plan
An update to our clients regarding Coronavirus.
At Utilize and Ignite, the health, safety and experience of our employees and clients is our top priority. Like all businesses, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We wanted to provide you with an update on the actions we are taking in response to it and reassure you that we are prepared, with a clear action plan in place.
Primarily this plan is designed to help us mitigate the effects that a potential pandemic may have on our employees and their families, whilst simultaneously allowing the continuation of operations that support essential functions and services to our clients.
Our plan is designed to keep all our employees up to date with the latest company, Government and global advice, guidelines, and hygiene etiquette.
What we are doing?
In connection with guidance provided by global health authorities; already in place since 4th March 2020, our remote access plan has now been extended. On 16th March 2020, we officially implemented remote working protocols for all staff and closed all Utilize and Ignite offices until further notice. To ensure our communications remain consistent and continued we have:
- Implemented Microsoft Teams and daily video meetings/huddles across all departments
- Rolled out a regular communications plan from our leadership team to keep all employees and clients updated
Further to this, we have strengthened the steps taken on 4th March 2020 to ensure our operations and support obligations will continue.
These actions are subject to change as we continue to evaluate risks worldwide. Information relating to our operational changes will be updated regularly below.
The following precautionary actions have taken effect:
at the close of business 16th March 2020
- All remote working policies implemented and detailed on 4th March remain in place, but now all Utilize and Ignite staff will be working remotely effective 16th March
- All Utilize and Ignite offices are officially closed
- Despite the above measures, all business units remain fully operational and there is no current restriction on services delivered
- All staff and supplier meetings/events to take place virtually/via Microsoft Teams or be rescheduled
- All client meetings are recommended to take place virtually/via Microsoft Teams wherever possible
- We continue to work with clients requiring site visits as to their policies and procedures and will evaluate these and take action on a case by case basis
- All scheduled client project visits will, therefore, continue unless there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the client business and/or poses a significant risk to Utilize/Ignite employees during the visit or unless we hear otherwise
at the close of business 12th March 2020
- All remote working policies implemented and detailed on 4th March remain in place with a section (not all) of our support team/s working in isolation away from our office until further notice
- All staff and supplier meetings/events must take place remotely/via Microsoft Teams or be rescheduled
- All client meetings are recommended to take place remotely/via Microsoft Teams wherever possible
- All client project visits will remain unaffected unless clients confirm otherwise and/or there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the client business and/or poses a significant risk to Utilize/Ignite employees contracting the virus during the visit
- All Utilize/Ignite events, official staff gatherings, and team-building activities will be postponed until further notice
- In the event of School Closures in the near future we have; implemented an extended “paid leave” policy for all staff working from home and who cannot gain adequate childcare
at the close of business on the 4th March 2020
- All staff not permanently based at our Basildon or London offices, or those regularly travelling to and from client sites, are required to work remotely or from home until further notice
- A section (not all) of our support team/s will work in isolation away from our office until further notice to limit risk to staff, to limit the potential spreading of any infection and to maintain continuity of service
- All staff, supplier and client meetings are recommended take place remotely/via Microsoft Teams where possible
Our commitment to you
Throughout this time of escalated and heightened concern, Utilize and Ignite remain fully committed to the expert delivery of all services as normal.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or additional information you may require email@example.com.